Thursday, September 16, 2010

My First Post

Hi and welcome!  This is the beginning of my first blog.
My name is Evelyne and I live in the beautiful eastern suburbs of  Melbourne. 
My aim in developing this blog is to keep an electronic diary of my do’s and don’ts, successes and failures.  It might not be pretty, but it will be honest -  Am I sounding like a politician right about now?
I stay at home and manage the day to day chores but prefer to spend my time gardening and sewing.  Members of my family are my husband (Mr Fix It) and two adult kids -  Cam (22) and Jess (21) and let's not forget Tiffany (the cat) - she actually thinks she's a princess.

I was first smitten by the quilting bug when I saw ‘The Rose Quilt’.  Seventeen quilts later, and various other projects, am now sewing for myself and Jess.  
Love to garden, sew, knit, cook and generally having great times with family and friends.  Am prone to go galavanting up to the hills, for some inspiration - lovely excuse to visit my two favorite spots -  Cloudehill and Gentiana nurseries.
Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by.  Hope I haven’t bored you.   Will try to keep it short and sweet and hope the pictures of my garden and sewing antics will speak for themselves.   Have met some lovely people from my sewing and gardening ventures and am looking forward to meeting more online.

A bientot!

0 comments:

Post a Comment