Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Butterick 5285 Skirt

I've finally finished the skirt and it looks great and the lining is a perfect match.  Both fabrics were a joy to work with, so much so that I'm thinking of what else I can sew using Fendi lining.


Finished skirt



Fendi Lining




Pattern:  Butterick 5285
Fabric:   Dolce & Gabbana  "Inky Pea Soup" pure silk from Tessuti Fabrics.
Lining:   Fendi Lining

This would have to be my favorite gathered skirt for Jess.  It was a day's project - including hand sewing of hem, waistband and lining.  

Next project - frock for work's Christmas dinner....pressure!!!!


                  


2 comments:

  1. Looks great! The fabric is fantastic and so is the lining. Where did you find the lining? And I can't wait to see what you are thinking about for the next project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Evelyne, I just got a gmail account for the blog (there is nothing like procrastination!), it is under the blogroll. If you could email me what they said about o/s shipping that would be great. And is this Fendi lining like the real Fendi? As in the makers of fabulous purses?

    ReplyDelete