Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Bias Binding

I just love bias binding, especially making it myself.   When I made my apron, for the sewing retreat gift, one of the things I enjoyed was making the bias binding.  I am now using the binding for general sewing, the first of which is going to be used on the Christmas party dress.  I am currently making the final finishes using the Hong Kong seam method for the front collar facing and the sleeves.

I had 2 types of lining left over, so I decided to cut the strips and make them, to be used later.

Bias Binding 

The first is Unedera Silver Lining, middle is Fending lining and the third one is Unedera Silver lining reversed.   My dress is lined with Unedera Silver lining (the third one), which is a very shiny silver, so I'm using this binding.

Honk Kong seams


Sneek Peek - I haven't finished yet.  I think finishing the garment takes more time than constructing it, but that's the part I really enjoy - yes, I'm aiming for the professional look.  Stay tuned - will have it finished in a couple of days.

1 comment: