Friday, December 17, 2010

Japanese Pattern Book - Stylish Dress Book 1

Thought I'd post this dress as it is the same as one that I have made in a beautiful 'brown' lightweight linen - sorry haven't taken a photo - but I wear it quite a bit as it is so comfortable.




This one is for Jess and I used Liberty Tana Lawn - Tatum Purple.  



Fabric from Tessuti


The pattern is so easy, hardest part is tracing.  I changed the pleats at the back and made them box pleats same as the front instead of gathers as it sits better.  Also, you need to lengthen the dress - check your length.






I always get comments on how nice the dress looks - need to make another one.  This time I think a dark grey.  I do have the fabric which I bought about 1 year ago and will make it to wear in winter with leggings.

Next on that 'To Do List' is the drape dress from Japanese Pattern book Drape Drape 2 - will make it for Jess.


0 comments:

Post a Comment