Thursday, December 2, 2010

McCalls 5591 - Another easy skirt - for meeee!

Okay - I'm now becoming quite used to skirts - should try something more challenging.   A Christmas frock will be the challenge for our Christmas party at work, and is currently on the cutting table - posting soon.  But for now, the skirt.....





Decided to use McCalls 5591 - View A but not using a different colour at the hemline.  The design was quick and easy, as I need it for work.


Japanese Cotton - with trim hand sewn at hemline

I had purchased this Japanese cotton fabric about 1 year ago, at Tessuti Melbourne, and was going to make a dress but decided it would look better on me as a skirt.


Finished skirt

I am really happy with the result and I can dress this up or down.  Am currently making a black top which will work really well, teamed with a cream cardigan - I might take a picture wearing both, when finished.

Material, hemline and lining

Whilst in Tessuti Melbourne fell in love with the Fendi range of linings.  Chose this grey/silver striped for the lining - could have gone cream, but felt like doing something out of the norm - I do like this contrast and the edging of the hemline is so pretty - gives the skirt a vintage feel.  I am now looking at hemlines in a different way - hmmm -  this could become an obsession.

Oh - now I need shoes!!!!!  





1 comment:

  1. That skirt looks so nice, I like the band across the tummy bit too. You feel quite a sense of achievement when you wear something you made don't you think?

    ReplyDelete