Saturday, December 18, 2010

Prada's Black Enigma - Vogue 9456 top

On one of my visits to my fav 'op shop' found this pattern for $1 - a pattern prices these days, it's a bargain.

View 'C'

Wanted a simple top and View "C" was perfect.  I did however lower the neckline, as I have a short neck (well in proportion to my body).


Black Enigma by Prada

This fabric is so beautiful, unfortunately you have to view it with light in the background to appreciate the design.   Tried even lining with a white lining but the design doesn't show through.



Texture of fabric

The fabric is textured - picture doesn't do it justice - I think the flash has spoilt the picture.



Lace used for edging

After having sewn the pattern pieces together, felt that it needed 'something'.  I am fortunate to live just 7 mins walk to Bustles & Bows.   I just love visiting Shirley and Rachel they are so inspirational and their work is exquisite.  I always find such lovely things there and so I thought they would be able to suggest the perfect trim.  Shirley suggested this lace trim which suits perfectly sewn on the neckline, bottom hem and centre back where the buttons will be viewed.



Auto Buttonhole

Ah buttonholes - yes, was the easiest thing thanks to my Bernina Aurora 440.  This was the first time I've used this foot/feature and it worked perfectly.  Purchased the perfect buttons from Buttonmania - a must visit, when next visiting Melbourne.


Back showing buttons


This is the final result - I made this to wear with my McCall's 5591 skirt made in Japanese cotton.






Will wear also with my cream metalicus cardi for cooler weather - well that could be tomorrow, after all  it's Melbourne !! four seasons in one day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment