Saturday, December 25, 2010

Simplicity 2588 - Christmas Party Dress

Pattern Simplicity 2588 - Project Runway





Material - Muted Check (silk/poly) purchased from Tessuti Melbourne





I really enjoyed making this dress and was happy with the pattern and result.  Originally was going to make a full skirt but thought it would be nice to have a dress for the occasion.


1/4" quilter's tape 

I found the pattern was easy to make - no dramas really.  I even didn't have to look at the instructions.  Tip - found it best to label some pieces with 1/4" quilting tape.  I've never had to do this before but the sleeves have a back and front part (seam on top of shoulder) so best to mark these first.   Actually,  I really like this type of construction - it sits well.


Seam on top of shoulder 

Would I make this pattern again - yes indeed.
Would I use this material - sure will!!    I am thinking of going back to my original thought of making a skirt, as it will go very nicely my Black Enigma top.

2 comments:

  1. A very pretty dress - excellent fabric - it shimmers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word. It is darling!!!!!

    ReplyDelete