Saturday, December 25, 2010

Simplicity 3833 - Chanel inspired dress

My DD (Jess) loves Chanel -  who doesn't!!   Earlier this year, I stumbled upon a shop discounting their fabrics by 50%.   Didn't know at the time it was the very expensive 'Stitches' of Armadale, but on perusing their stock, it did remind me of them, and upon enquiring, was told that it was Stitches' old stock which they wanted to move - hence the discount.  YES!! I was correct in my thinking.  Needless to say, I became their best customer and proceeded on purchasing big time!!  This is one of the results of a hard days work.


Chanel material

It is such a beautiful material and as soon as I saw it, thought of this pattern which I had in my stash, just waiting for the perfect fabric.   Jess was in Canberra, at the time, so made an executive decision - BUY!!!



View 'C'

Simplicity 3833 was the perfect pattern for this type of fabric and it was a quick and easy pattern to make up and the fabric was so beautiful to work with.  Trimmed the neck edge and sleeves with the selvage of the material - a bit too hard to photograph because of the colour.


Dressed up for Christmas Eve Dinner


Jess finally had the occasion to wear her dress - Christmas Eve Dinner.  She bought her Prada shoes on special too - 75% discount.  Suits the dress perfectly.


Perfect button

Of course, button purchased from Buttonmania - I just love that shop!!


Plum Pudding

Oh - this was dessert!!!!  My sister had marinated the fruit for 1 year - yes, it was the best pudding I've ever tasted, and she's got more marinating - yeh!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely dress! Adore the button. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric, I bet it looks more amazing in real life! I think your pattern choice is perfect - and your daughter looks gorgeous in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute dress - she looks great! Marinated for a year? Might try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous dress! That pudding looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete