Friday, December 3, 2010

What's in the pipeline - Christmas party dress

For our Christmas party at work, decided to make a dress - my first ever.   Have made dresses for my daughter but I've never thought it was really me - so I thought I might give it a go.


Simplicity 2588 - Green Dress version

Thought this pattern was really lovely.  Have decided to make the green version but thought maybe without sleeves would be nice too.  I will cut the sleeves and make up my mind later. Always worries me when picking patterns - unsure at this stage if it will suit - but for a night dinner party, thought it would be fine.


Silk/poly 

Have always wanted a little black dress, but am unable to wear black - doesn't suit me at all.   Found this fabric (Muted Check) at Tessuti  Melbourne and thought it would be perfect for this pattern.   It really is a bit different, and that's what I liked about it.  My daughter approved, so that's a good start.  Sorry about the photo - a bit out of focus.

I have 2 weeks in which to finish this dress.  If it doesn't suit - well I do have a backup outfit, but would really like to wear this dress.   Once I start, will feel a bit more confident.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I think I also have this pattern in my stash as well. It will be great, especially with that fabric —perfect for a dinner party. If you have time, try to do a muslin. Sometimes the Project Runway patterns tend to run a bit small or maybe it is the ease which is smaller than most patterns...or maybe I'm unrealistic with my measurements?? ;) Regardless, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maggie for your kind words of encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete