Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hitchcock's Birds

I told Jess about this beautiful Roberto Cavalli fabric named "Hitchcock's Birds".  In the late 40's my mother-in-law went to Arts College in Sydney with Rod Taylor (yes the actor).   She recalls that he was a handsome chap - hence, my husband is named after him.  Jess thought it would be appropriate to have a dress made from this fabric - as Rod Taylor starred in the film "The Birds" - yes, any excuse to buy this fabric.  Seriously, it's a stunning design.


Hitchcock's Birds

The fabric - Hitchcock's Birds - Roberto Cavalli, 100% silk purchased from Tessuti (Melbourne) and still available.



Vogue 8486

Will be making View 'B' but shortening the sleeves and possibly making them bell shaped or even with a small ruffle - yet to be decided.


Vogue 8486 - Pucci fabric

About a year ago, I made Jess this dress using this pattern -  Pucci silk jersey.   I altered the sleeves and made them bell shaped - I think this pattern will still work with the Cavalli fabric.


Pattern layout

This is the pattern layout so far, will look stunning when finished.  Jess is coming home in a week's time so will post the results.  Hopefully all will go to plan.

3 comments:

  1. beautiful fabric...i will look forward to seeing the finished product...i love all the bordered prints that are around at the moment....black and white, got to be a winner..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really looking forward to seeing such a stunning print sewn up too. Its gorgeous (& so tempting to run in to Tessuti and buy a piece!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fabric is jaw-dropping. That is going to be an amazing looking dress! You are so lucky to be near such amazing fabrics (although now back in Rome, I will have much more at my fingertips!) and I think the pattern is just perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete