Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"Birds" ready to fly

Jess is now ready to go back to her second home  (Canberra) to start uni.  She scored quite a few pieces, which I sewed up.  This is one of them - 'Hitchcock's Birds'.




Pattern:  Vogue 8486



Fabric:    Hitchcock's birds still available at Tessuti Fabrics

This fabric is really beautiful 100% silk - delicate but worth it.  I would probably choose another pattern, if I were making this again.   Added a zip at centre back (this pattern has no zips as the fabric should have been a stretch) and the pleats on the front bodice would sit better if it were a stretch fabric, but overall, I'm pleased that it did turn out.  

Note to self:  Fabric suggestions - there for a reason.




Oops - no shoes!  We're in a hurry to take the pics.  




6 comments:

  1. gorgeous fabric....pleats look good from here....don't you hate the quiet house as they head back to their other lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's quiet now - but, boy do I have a lot of housekeeping to catch up on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabric and dress! I think fabric suggestions are there as "suggestions", it doesn't mean you have to follow them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! The pattern suits the fabric well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous fabric - luckily I don't live down the road from Tessuti!
    I really like the origami-like way the pleats fall in the woven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look of this fabric. It looks great with the simplicity of the dress.

    ReplyDelete