Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Not another Schoolhouse Tunic!!

As promised, have made this tunic for Jess.  It is such a wonderful and easy pattern - didn't have to make any alterations - none whatsoever.  Just cut, sew, hemmed and voila!!!





Took this shot just before leaving for the airport - good thing it was a coolish day, so she could wear her tunic and boots. 




Pattern:   Schoolhouse Tunic from "SewLiberated"
Fabric:   Osaka Snowflakes (Japanese 100% cotton) purchased from Tessuti Fabrics.
               Sold out.  Hopefully more on the way because I just love Japanese cottons.



Perfect outfit for Uni

Jess really loves her tunic and the fabric is just perfect!!  It is not black but a french navy - sorry pics doesn't show the colour well.  




I didn't use elastic on the sleeves, as the pattern suggested, but made a little cuff - it's a nicer finish, in my opinion, and suits it perfectly.   Have decided to add this feature to my tunic.

4 comments:

  1. Oh it looks wonderful in this fabric! I must say, Jess is a very lucky daughter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Evelyn! She is indeed a very lucky and pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course another one...look at the outcome! Great fabric and I like the sound of cuffs instead of elastic, sounds like a much better choice. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am making that schoolhouse tunic, I think it looks so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete