Sunday, August 14, 2011

Finished coat for Jess

Finally, Jess is wearing her coat .  She has worn it everyday, hence it's a bit creased.   Have really enjoyed making this coat - the fabric was a delight to work with and the pattern was very easy.





Opted for horizontal buttonholes.  In my research, re: vertical buttonholes, they are used if you have a placket - shirts have vertical buttonholes.  



Red Lining


What other colour would you use on a Valentino coat - RED!!!

This is now my 2nd coat, not including the New York Cape.  Feel very comfortable now making another one - maybe for next winter.  






8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous coat and Jess! Great work Evelyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! It's fabulous Evelyne. I'm rather jealous of Jess ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the red lining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning coat. of course the red lining is a MUST.
    Well done. Your daughter looks thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful coat! Just fabulous. I think I'd wear it everyday, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! I love the lining, and the asymmetrical buttons. Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so impressed! What a wonderful job you did. Love the red lining for sure. Thanks for popping by my blog, it's nice to find another sewing friend!

    ReplyDelete