Thursday, September 29, 2011

Jess (Vest)

It has been a little while now that I've finished this vest.  Pattern was a little confusing to start with and had to learn the wrap and turn technique again.  Downloading videos was a great help.  This one I found to be the best - it's in french - Wrap & Turn video.


Jess vest


I had a few problems with interpreting the pattern - but then I much prefer french patterns - they are written with logic - sorry Rowan!!   I really like the finished result, so much so, that I'm considering making one for me - yes, even though the instructions gave me grief initially, I'm okay with them now.

Yarn:  Rowan Lenpur Linen - colourway - Tattoo - also in Ravelry.




A bit windy

Love the color


The vest turned out a little longer than the picture, but I guess it's also because the model might be tall.  Maybe it stretched when I blocked it - or maybe it has the tendency to stretch because of the drape.  Don't mind, it's fine that way.   Perfect for Spring weather here in Melbourne.

3 comments:

  1. Nice work! Well worth the effort :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely :) Do you know where I could find the pattern for this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bronwyn, pattern book is by Rowan called "Misty" by Kim Hargreaves. All yarns used are Rowan. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete