Saturday, November 12, 2011

Christmas Party dress - finished

The day had arrived - Christmas Party at Longrain.  Finally, added the finishing touches to my dress and am really pleased with the result.

Really love the capped sleeve - I will definitely do them again. Sewing the sleeve facing was a little tricky when it came to the corner without the piping, but I think being my first attempt, I'm happy with the result.


Capped sleeve

Another tricky bit was the center 'v' because of the piping, but managed to fluke this one too.  I'm sorry I didn't take pictures but I am determined to perfect this technique, as I'm sure I'll be using it again.  


Center 'V'


Tiff wanted to be in the picture too


Finally, bought 30 cm of Silk Georgette and 30 cm of Crepe de Chine in the same colour as the piping and made this scarf.  I placed both fabrics together and basted them in place using '4' stitch length.  I then rolled hem all around using woolly nylon and isacord embroidery thread.   This is the only thread I use when I roll hem especially on silk fabric.  Of course, removed the basting stitch, ironed and voila!!






Had a great evening - great company, amazing food and the cocktail to start the night off wasn't bad either.  Can't believe it has been a year since the last party.   As for this pattern, will definitely be making it again.  

8 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC!!! Great color combo and a style that flatters you very much.Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Joanne. Will definitely use this as a base again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED your dress! Such great detail Ev and it fit you so well. Very impressed :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look fantastic in your party dress and loved your alterations to the pattern! gorgeous night in Melbourne, gorgeous company and a scrumptious meal x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The piping effect is grand - I really like this! Looks good - and hope you enjoyed what Longrain had to offer - their cocktails are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your version of this dress. The piping is so sharp and the fit is perfection.
    well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous ensemble! Your dress is stunning, and the piping details perfect. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a fabulous job on your entire outfit! Perfect fit and wonderful sewing technique...no wonder you had such a great time,...you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete