Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Burda Shorts 115 6/2010

When Jess spotted these pair of shorts in a magazine, I cut out the picture and added it to the inspiration board.  It was there for about 6 months but hadn't seen fabric which would suit, so was added to the wish list.




I thought it was going to be quite difficult finding this type of fabric, so I didn't really go out of my way hunting all the stores.  If I came across something similar - that would be fine. 




Just browsing one day at the Fabric Store, not really intending to buy, I came across this linen blend fabric and instantly had the image of those shorts that Jess wanted me to make.  This fabric was definitely pretty close to the shorts in that picture.  Now for a pattern -  I remembered the shorts that Nic made and thought they would be the perfect pattern.   She kindly lent me her pattern  Burda 6/2010  115 - thanks Nic!  







Since this was my first pair of shorts, had a bit of trouble with the fly zip, but thanks to the internet and tutorials, muddled my way past this.  I used my favourite lining technique (underlining) and lined the shorts with 100% silk/cotton.    




Finally finished the shorts and they fit Jess really well.   This is my first pair of shorts but won't be my last.  Quite enjoyed making them, so the pattern is a keeper.




Hopefully there will be more sunny autumn days for her to wear these shorts, but they won't date so she'll wear them this summer. 



9 comments:

  1. Great looking shorts with a great fit. Like the tweed look fabric for shorts - gives it a dressier look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great eye finding that fabric. It looks exactly like the inspiration. As I've said before, Jess is one lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in a process of making these shorts now! Did you have to shorten them though? The seem to look much longer on me for some reason, and I am not short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lena, no I'm pretty sure I didn't change the length. The length seems longer, is this after you hemmed them? Hope it works out.

      Delete
  4. The shorts look great. I know you didn't intend to, but the orange top looks especially amazing paired with the shorts. They will be perfect once fall rolls around :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How perfect. These look really great. I can't believe these are your first shorts...the fit is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these turned out fabulous! love that fabric...you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very late to the party on this one - still catching up on all the blogging I missed whilst away it seems! I really like these shorts - a great pattern. I think you did excellently with the fabric choice too. I might have to copy cat these! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie - it's a great pattern - not complicated. Good to see you back.

      Delete