Friday, March 29, 2013

Annecy, France

Last year (wow that sounds odd) - in October 2012, I visited my birthplace, Annecy, France and stayed with my cousin.   Thought I'd post some pictures of my visit of the old town.




This flower shop is amazing - they do love their window pots.  



This is The Thiou Canal which flows through the old city of Annecy - gorgeous flowers. 




Love this old town

Annecy's old town is built around waterways.

The old Gaol

Annecy's old goal is now a museum.  You can see that it sits between two channels of water.  Annecy is nicknamed the Venice of France.



Yummy!!!


Sweets!!!

Couldn't resist photographing these little beauties - no, didn't have one, so now I'll have to go back!!!

Seriously, I do miss this place and have plans of returning with my husband, hiring a car and driving around this beautiful part of France - oh, have to include Lyon.

Something funny - we were in the old town wanting to buy sunglasses for our visit to Mont Blanc (tallest mountain in Europe).  We checked out the optometrists and struck a conversation with Olivier.  He mentioned that he had a cousin in Melbourne, Australia.   My sister and I looked at each other - yeah, they all say that.   He said "he is a Chef", and we said "oh, yes, and who would that be?"  He said "Do you know Jacques Reymond"  Wow - here we are in little Annecy buying sunglasses in a shop being served by the cousin of Jacques Reymond - very famous French Chef in Australia.  We couldn't resist and took a photo.

Me, Olivier and my sister Liz
We had a wonderful time with our family and will definitely return.  

Since that time, have had quite a bit happening in the family.  My son's operation finally happened and it was a total success.  We can now look forward to being able to make plans for the future, without being left 'on hold' waiting for that phone call, a week's notice that the op is scheduled.  Am now looking forward to blogging more and sewing more - oh, yes, redesigning the garden is taking my time as well, but I love to be out there - it's my meditation time and I'm able to create, as I do with sewing.

I had an email from a beautiful lady Maggie, who inspired me to continue blogging.  She was concerned re: my absence, which I was really touched by.  Just to let everyone know that I will still blog, sew and plant.  Leaving for a R&R to Hawaii next week, so looking forward to returning with renewed vigour.  

Aloha!!!!



6 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back :) Those pictures are just stunning! It looks like such a beautiful town. I will have to put it on my long list of places to see! Enjoy your time in Hawaii and we will see you when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maggie, It is such a picturesque place - looking forward to returning. In the meantime, will enjoy Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to have you back in blogging land. The photos are beautiful. I'll look forward to your posts - have fun on your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to see you back blogging! We have just returned from a holiday in France too. It is the most devine country in the world. I can't wait to go back either. Looking forward to seeing what you sew up next :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see you back Evelyne! Your home town is just magnifique of course. Thank you for sharing these lovely photos, and I've no doubt you'll have a marvellous time in Hawaii!
    I'm so glad your son is well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful town!
    Call me when you get back, we're very overdue for a catchup!xx

    ReplyDelete